Research shows that diets don’t work. The only solution for long term success is changing your lifestyle. Weight management
is an ongoing, lifetime process while weight loss
is just a phase you pass through on the way to managing your weight.
Shape for Life
, our comprehensive weight management program gives you a healthy way to live beyond the weight loss phase. Too many people diet just to lose weight and gain it all back because when the dieting ends, bad habits return. Unsupervised, unhealthy weight loss prepares the body to gain weight rather than keep weight off. However, medically-supervised weight management helps you develop a healthy, enduring change so that you stop worrying about weight loss and start thinking about enjoying a healthy life.
Unlike any other medical weight loss program in the area, Shape for Life
combines all the key components necessary for successful long term weight loss.
Our 12 week program includes:
- Six visits with a board certified physician specializing in medical and surgical weight management, Lisa Dobruskin, MD, includes a full assessment, medical treatment, monitoring and problem-solving, and counseling
- Exercise classes exclusively for Shape for Life participants (approximately six per class); provided by a certified trainer
- Six visits with a registered dietitian who provides an individualized eating plan and counseling
- Six cooking classes conducted by the physician and registered dietitian
- Online patient portal for scheduling, tracking progress and interacting with your weight management team
- Nutrition Counseling
- Fitness and Wellness
- Bariatric Surgery
Need more information about bariatric surgery? Read about it here.