Stepping back into a healthy lifestyle following
robotic arm-assisted hip replacement surgery
Read Mary Jo's story
Happy Independence Day from RWJ Hamilton!
Act FAST and Sign up for Strides 4 Stroke at www.strides4stroke.eventbrite.com.
Congratulations to Rutgers CINJ medical oncologist Dr. Pauline Lerma and radiation oncologist Dr. Michael McKenna for being named as two of Inside Jersey magazine's "Top Docs" in the state for Cancer Care! Thank you for the quality, compasionate care you provide our patients as part of our cancer care team here at RWJ Hamilton.
Lots of strong storms hitting our area lately. Make sure you know how to protect yourself and family when a severe thunderstorm hits:
* If a severe thunderstorm warning is issued, take shelter in a substantial building or in a vehicle with the windows closed.
* If thunder roars, go indoors! The National Weather Service recommends staying inside for at least 30 minutes after the last thunder clap.
* Avoid electrical equipment and telephones. Use battery-powered TVs and radios instead.
* Shutter windows and close outside doors securely. Keep away from windows.
* Do not take a bath, shower or use plumbing.
* If you are driving, try to safely exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle and turn on the emergency flashers until the heavy rain ends.
* If you are outside and cannot reach a safe building, avoid high ground; water; tall, isolated trees; and metal objects such as fences or bleachers. Picnic shelters, dugouts and sheds are NOT safe.
To learn more visit http://www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/thunderstormredcross.org
Sign-up for the latest news and events.
©2015 Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton