FOR A REFERRAL TO AN RWJ ONCOLOGIST, CALL 888.MD.RWJUH.
We know how to treat cancer.
The Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Hamilton — RWJ Hamilton's oncology program — integrates a medical practice with leading oncology specialists from the Rutgers Cancer Institute, outpatient treatment and support services.
As an affiliate of the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey in New Brunswick, the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in New Jersey, we provide access to research and new scientific advances for the treatment of all types of malignancies and blood disorders. Clinical trials are offered through the Rutgers Cancer Institute.
The oncology program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer and the breast program is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
We also know how to treat people.
At Rutgers CINJ Hamilton, we treat each patient as a unique person — tailoring treatment, education and support to individual needs. Our cancer care team works tirelessly to ensure you enjoy the best possible quality of life during and after treatment. A dedicated oncology social worker supports the psychosocial needs of patients and provides financial counseling. Nurse navigators provide added support and education from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
Built beyond the walls of the hospital.
On-Site Medical Services
The outpatient cancer center provides added convenience and comfort for its patients, including designated parking and an infusion center that overlooks healing gardens designed by the renowned Grounds For Sculpture. A planned expansion of the center will occur in 2016 and 2017, which will provide patients with a new radiation oncology suite outfitted with state-of-the-art technology.
- Oncology medical practice
- Infusion and radiation treatment areas
- Integrated laboratory, pharmacy, nutrition and rehabilitation services
- Research program / clinical trials
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Nurse navigator for breast and thoracic (lung) oncology
- Social worker dedicated to cancer patients; support services and resource library
- Integrative therapy and holistic practitioners
What We Treat
- Gastrointestinal & Pancreatic Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Lung (thoracic) Cancer
- Prostate & Urologic Cancer
- Leukemia / Lymphoma / Hematologic Malignancies
- Melanoma & Soft Tissue Malignancies